RegaloRx is a provider of patient assistance services that is designed to improve access to certain donated medicines and devices in the United States and its territories. Patients with a valid prescription and who qualify for a manufacturer’s program will receive those products from a licensed pharmacy. RegaloRx was established as a nonprofit corporation based in Lenexa, Kansas, and connects philanthropic manufacturers and their foundations with patients who qualify for their donated products.RegaloRx is affiliated with Heart to Heart International and the Heart to Heart International Foundation.
The purpose of the Patient Assistance Program Counselor is to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations by assessing our customer’s needs, assigning priorities, and triaging the information to the appropriate resources. (Customers may include patients, medical professionals, and family members. Patients may require additional support due to challenges associated with their medical condition.) The Counselor will be able to function in a multidisciplinary team to provide information about the services that are offered by client and/or RegaloRx. In addition to their regular duties, they will also be expected to assist with other ad-hoc projects and cross train within the call center environment.
- Answer inbound calls, carefully assess their purpose, prioritize their handling, and triage the calls if indicated. Maintain information regarding client initiatives and explain them to patients when appropriate.
- Initiate outbound calls as required.
- Perform insurance and income verification to ensure patient eligibility for supported programs.
- Enroll new customers into member programs.
- Record/document activities and patient interactions via appropriate systems and records.
- Maintain compliance with Company call center policies and various patient assistance program policies.
- Complete various special projects as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 2 years of college preferred
- Experience working with customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Specific type of experience preferred:
- 2 years of experience working in a Call Center
- 2 years of health care or pharmaceutical industry experience
- 2 years Patient Assistance Program experience
- Experience working with databases or tracking systems
- Understanding of challenges associated with patients’ medical condition
- Experience dealing with customers on the telephone