RegaloRx is a provider of patient assistance services that is designed to improve access to certain donated medicines and devices in the United States and its territories. Patients with a valid prescription and who qualify for a manufacturer’s program will receive those products from a licensed pharmacy. RegaloRx was established as a nonprofit corporation based in Lenexa, Kansas, and connects philanthropic manufacturers and their foundations with patients who qualify for their donated products.
RegaloRx is affiliated with Heart to Heart International and the Heart to Heart International Foundation.
The purpose of the Patient Assistance Program (PAP) Counselor is to exceed our customers’ expectations through a compassionate approach; assess their needs, assign priorities, and triage information to appropriate resources to help facilitate access to the medications and therapies they need. Customers may include patients, medical professionals, care givers, payers, and pharmacies. Patients may require additional support due to challenges associated with their medical condition.
The PAP Counselor will function in a multi-disciplinary team and provide education about specific program services that are offered for a specific pharmaceutical product. In addition to their regular duties, PAP Counselors will be expected to assist with ad-hoc projects and cross train within the patient support call center environment.
- Answer inbound calls, carefully assess their purpose, prioritize their handling, and triage the calls as indicated.
- Engage with patients via inbound and outbound calls to place orders, provide guidance and education relating to Program eligibility and any other assistance they may need.
- Conduct benefit verification, obtain insurance determinations, and qualify income to ensure patient eligibility for supported programs.
- Accurately record/document activities and patient interactions via appropriate systems and records.
- Respond to and follow-up with patients and Healthcare professionals regarding Program eligibility needs and order inquiries.
- Maintain compliance with Company call center policies and various patient assistance program policies.
- Complete various special projects as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 2 years of experience providing patient support and resolution by phone
- In depth understanding of pharmacy benefit coverage
- 2 years benefit investigation experience, ability to navigate and interpret health insurance coverage
- 2 years of experience interacting with patients and healthcare providers
- Computer literate, intermediate proficiency with Word & Excel
- Salesforce system experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be empathetic while remaining professional and managing call control
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to explain complex scenarios relating to insurance coverage including government programs
- Apply critical thinking skills to confront and solve problems with positive and optimal outcomes